LITERATURE ANALYSIS
1. The book I decided to read was Night. This book is about a teenager,named Elie Wiesel born in the  town Sighet,Transylvania. His family was taken from their home in 1944 to the Auchwitz concentration camp, and then to the Buchenwald. After that tragedy begins.

2. The theme would be universal and fundamental ideas. FAITH would be Wiesel's dominant conflict .

3. I would say Wiesel's mornings would be very ceasing. By that I mean not having the ability to keep on going. His morning routine would be wake up early and work for the "evil men". I would also add to that while they are working their life's out there, there was a chance they would get executed for no reason,for the pleasure of violently taking a life away. An excerpt that follows with him ceasing would be where he questions himself; " I am not convinced. I don't know how I survived; I was weak,rather shy; I did nothing to save myself." Another excerpt that also connects with the unspeakable horrendous execution would be "turning their machine guns on more than a million Jews,men,women,and children,and throwing them into huge mass graves,dug just moments before the victims themselves." Lastly, the final excerpt that goes with the having to work would be " working in the cold winter days, with little clothing was a toughest act we had to do."

4. • Feelings- way he expresses his feelings of the day's prisoner
• Tone- the attitude he would show to the reader
• Questioning- a lot of questioning himself, which made me question why he questioned himself ?
• Coded "names"- he used specific words to symbolize a meaning or a person

Ex #1: This is a passage from his book " Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp that turned my life into one long seven times sealed." This passage is reapeated by using Never shall I forget ... and ends with Never but. The way Wiesel begins with "Never shall I ever forget " in a continuous sentences and ends with "Never, but" really caught my attention and makes me think of writing in a diffrent way .

Ex #2. Besides the way he writes, one main idea that really stands out are his feelings. He shows so much emotion in the way he writes and how he's feeling. I believe that what Wiesel is showing us , the readers or audience makes us more thoughtful and be placed in his position and feel like how he felt.

Ex#3. My last example of Wiesel's unforgettable writings would be the time and the idea of questioning himself . He gives us a diffrent atmosphere of what his attitude might've been or other important people he loved. The other impression of his works would be the idea of questioning himself which makes the reader question why he questions himself.

This is my literature analysis on Night 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog