MY AMERICAN VOICE
I believe speaking up is INDEED important. Us people, that speak up are the voice of those who are being mistreated,insulted,put down, anything along those lines. People who speak up are a sign that we care about other people that are being hurt emotionally,or physically. In my view of speaking up I would say I show a diffrent person than usual. I show anger, loudness,and explicit wording that I use. I'll speak up for anyone who's being hurt physically or emotionally.Its always good to speak up but not in certain cases. For example during our Labor Day weekend my parents and I took a trip to LA and visit family. We always make stops at liquor stores and grab some snacks and drinkson the way,that day we arrived to LA and went to a liquor store,we were ready to pay and we were waiting in line. Infront of us were young men,colored men. I noticed they were buying liquor under age without I.D's and one of them,on the left sneakingly stole some device to smoke and I did not speak up. What could have happend if I did speak up? What I have been thanked?, hurt?,parents in danger? I felt in this situation I did not want to speak up because I felt unsafe in the atmosphere we were in.  Many things were in my mind I would say in this situation, but what have you done? would you speak up or stay silent ? These are some things I would say about speaking up, know when it is the right time to speak up,use appropriate approachness to convince the aggressor that he is wrong and he/she should not go off on that person that way or any other situation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog